Greeley Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee announces monthly Environmental Brown Bag series
Residents interested in learning ways to be good stewards of the local environment can start the new year off, courtesy of the Greeley Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (ESAC), this month at the first of a year long series of programs.
The first Environmental Brown Bag titled “Breathe Easy” is scheduled for January 19th at Centennial Park Branch Library, 2227 23rd Avenue, to provide information on improving indoor air quality. The program will start at 12:15 and end at 12:45. Please bring your lunch and a friend. There will be a door prize drawing.
Future sessions will be held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the same time. The list of topics includes:
- February 16: Don’t be a Drip- Reduce Indoor Water Use
- March 16: Green is Clean – Non-toxic Household Cleaning
- April 20: Barefoot in the Grass – Reducing Chemical Use in your Landscape-Composting, Grasscycling and more ways to a Safe, Healthy Lawn
- May 18: Is Your House Trashed Out – Household Recycling Made Easy
- June 15: And the Summer is Easy – Reducing Fuel Use-Good for Your Wallet and the Air
- July 20: Don’t be All Wet – Reduce Outdoor Water Use and Have the Nicest Yard on the Block
- August 17: Back to School – The Environmental 3R’s + 1 (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle + Repurpose)
- September 21: How to Raise Less Toxic Kids
- October 19: It’s Spooky – Vampire Energy Loss-Taking the Fear out of Energy Conservation)
- November16: Let’s Talk Turkey – Simple Ways to Green Your Holidays
- December 14: Don’t be Left Out in the Cold – Be a Draft Dodger
The ESAC is a group of dedicated residents working with City staff through the Natural Resources Division of the Community Development Dept. Their mission is to promote stewardship of local resources by providing information to individuals, families and businesses to help them save money and improve the environmental quality of Greeley through energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor and outdoor air pollution prevention and more.
Contact me if you have questions.